5-axis programming does not need to be time-consuming, confusing or unreliable. OPEN MIND’s innovative 5-axis technology stands above other solutions due to its simple and user-friendly programming and also its reliable and intelligent algorithms for collision detection and avoidance.
Trend-setting 5-axis strategies
The trendsetting hyperMILL® 5-axis technology can generate significant time savings while reducing tool wear and increasing contour accuracy. Through continuous machining strategies, hyperMILL® delivers cost-efficient and highly-productive manufacturing. Challenging features such as high and steep walls require many different tool inclinations in precisely delineated milling areas, hyperMILL® calculates such features with ease.
- Easy programming for milling applications with indexed orientation.
- Process reliability due to proven fully automated collision checking and avoidance.
- Multiple tilt strategies are available: 3+2, automatic indexing and 5-axis simultaneous machining.
- Familiar 3D strategies, such as Z-level machining or rest machining have been expanded to include 5-axis processing.
- A broad spectrum of machining strategies are available for surfaces, cavities and special machining tasks.
- All 5-axis strategies are available in the hyperMILL® interface.
- 5-axis shape offset roughing and finishing for simple and time-saving programming of shaped and wrapped surfaces.